Netflix is a popular video streaming service that has been dominating the TV and movie streaming industries for quite some time now. With over 100 million subscribers, Netflix has become an important part of our daily lives. From catching up on some old movies to watching the latest Hollywood blockbusters, there are different genres of content available at your disposal with one simple click.
However, Netflix is available on a wide variety of devices and screens from laptops to smartphones, but what about smart TV?
Netflix allows its users to create an account with the streaming service through their website or through a specially designed app that can be installed on various smart TVs. The company has made this process rather easy as it doesn’t require you to create any new logins or passwords on your current account.
Every conceivable device is capable of accessing Netflix, including your smart TV. It should remember your information and keep you signed in after you’ve set up Netflix.
However, you may find yourself in a situation where you must sign out of Netflix on your smart TV. For example, if you’re selling a TV and someone else wants to login, or you need to check something.
Regardless matter the cause, Netflix may be conveniently logged out of on almost every smart TV. Here’s how to do it.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on TV
To log out of Netflix on any TV, open the app and go to the app’s home screen. Then open the menu and scroll down until you find the Get Help option. Finally, choose Sign Out and then Yes to confirm your request.
- Open the Netflix app and go to the home screen. To do this just open the Netflix on your TV, or simply just press the Netflix button on your remote TV.
- On your remote press the Left Button and the Netflix menu will show up. Also, you can do it by pressing the back button, the result will be the same.
- Select Get Help from the list of options. Find the Get Help option from the menu and just press OK on your remote.
- The next step is to find the Sign Out option.
- The last step is confirmation of signing out.
How to Log Out of Netflix on Your Web Browser
On a web browser, go to Netflix.com and select your user to log in on the site. Then in the top right corner you will see the user icon, just hover over it with your mouse. On the pop up menu press Sign Out of Netflix, that’s it.
- Open your main web browser and go to Netflix.com
- Select the user you’d like to use. If your account have only one user, you can skip this step.
- Next, all you have to do is hover your mouse over your user icon. This is located in the top-right area of your browser window. A pop-up menu with many options will appear.
- On the last step, click Sign out of Netflix. You’ll find it at the bottom of the pop-up menu.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on PC
Logging out of your Netflix account is pretty much easier if you are using Netflix app on your PC. Open the app and find the three-dot icon in the top right corner. When the pop-up menu will appear, you just need to click Sing Out, and the job is done.
How to Sign Out of Netflix on an iPhone or Android
To log out of Netflix on an iPhone or Android device, open the app and select your profile. Select Sign Out from the drop-down menu in the top-right corner. Finally, to sign out, tap Yes.
- On your iPhone or Android, open the Netflix app.
- Select your user by clicking the name.
- In the top-right corner you will see the profile icon, tap on the icon.
- Under the Help button, find the Sign Out and tap on that button.
- Just press Yes. If you’re using an Android device, you’ll have to sign out again.