Acne is a common skin condition that can cause inflamed pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads. Although it is most commonly associated with adolescence, acne can affect people of all ages. Genetics, hormones, and certain medications are some of the common causes of acne. Luckily, there are several natural ways to get rid of acne and achieve clear skin.
- Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties which make it an effective home remedy for acne. Dilute tea tree oil with water or carrier oil and apply it to the skin using a cotton ball. Repeat this process 2-3 times a day for best results.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Aloe Vera gel contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties which soothe the skin and reduce redness and swelling caused by acne. Apply aloe Vera gel directly to the affected area 2-3 times a day for best results.
- Honey: Honey has antimicrobial properties which help kill bacteria that cause acne. In addition, honey also has anti-inflammatory properties which help reduce redness and swelling associated with pimples. Apply honey to the affected area 2-3 times a day for best results.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar contains malic acid which helps exfoliate the skin and unclog pores that may be blocked by dirt, sebum, or makeup residue. In addition, apple cider vinegar also has antibacterial properties which help kill acne-causing bacteria on the surface of the skin. To use apple cider vinegar as an acne treatment, dilute it with water or rosewater in a 1:1 ratio and apply it to the affected area using a cotton ball or pad. Repeat this process 1-2 times a day for best results.”
- Homemade Green Tea toner: Green tea contains catechins which have potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. These properties make green tea an effective home remedy for treating acne. In addition, green tea also helps improve your skin’s overall health. To make a green tea toner, start by boiling water and steeping one green tea bag in it for 3-5 minutes. Remove the tea bag after 3-5 minutes and let the solution cool completely. Pour the green tea into a clean, dry bottle containing about 8 oz. of Witch Haze. Mix well and store in a cool, dark place. Apply this toner to your face 1-2 times daily using a cotton ball or pad.”
There are several natural ways to get rid of acne including Tea Tree Oil, Aloe Vera Gel, Honey, Apple Cider Vinegar ,and Green Tea Toner. Try one or more of these methods until you find the one that works best for you!