Table of Contents
Learn How to Unfollow Someone on TikTok
TikTok is a mobile application where people can make or add videos and share them with their followers. You can doodle on the video, add photos, and add music to name a few things you can do on the TikTok app.
Someone shared information that if you manage to get more engagement in your video then it will appear on a popular page and the video will get more likes and views. Currently, it is available on Android and iOS platforms.
TikTok app has got 200 million users worldwide with 60% of their total users from India. Tiktok is a great platform to express your creativity, you can create or make videos for fun or spread awareness about certain things through the videos.
One can also add videos from YouTube to TikTok and doodle over them to make fun of things. In recent time, TikTok has been in news for various reasons, some people want to leave the platform while other wants to get more followers on TikTok.
How to Unfollow on TikTok
- Open the TikTok app on your mobile device (iOS or Android)
- To open your profile, tap on the profile icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the “Following” button near the top of the screen.
- Scroll down the list and select the users to unfollow.
- To unfollow them, tap the “Following” button next to their profile.
If you chose the wrong one, it’s possible to follow this user back from this screen. However, after leaving the screen, unfollowed profiles will no longer be displayed.
Why do I Have to Keep Unfollowing People on TikTok?
There is a chance that you have been following people who don’t follow you back or if they did follow back, but after a few days again unfollowed you.
This isn’t a problem in itself until you notice your number of followers starts to decline rather rapidly. Every time someone unfollows you, TikTok brings you back to the top of your follower list, but when your numbers reach zero or dip below 200, TikTok will halt the process and no new people will follow you. This is when it starts becoming a problem.
There are chances someone might be mass unfollowing users on TikTok like any other social media platform. Why would someone do this? Well, there are two possibilities:
1. In the age of influencer marketing, people with large followings on TikTok can make a lot of money from brands seeking to leverage their influence by promoting products or services. By unfollowing those who don’t follow back they ensure that only relevant profiles remain in their timeline and that they aren’t wasting money by following people who can provide no real value to their profile.
2. The other reason is simpler: most users of TikTok are teenagers and social media influencers, so it’s more about building a user base rather than more clicks or likes on individual posts. Users may want to ensure that their feed is full of videos they enjoy, rather than engaging with the profiles of people who post content they aren’t interested in.
If you are getting influenced by any of these reasons, don’t do it. It may cause harm to your account. You can always unfollow them like they were following you or go the home and uncheck a few settings to show you least followed people at the top. If nothing works just follow people who actually want to follow you back, explore new things, or create great content. There is no point in creating TikTok videos if there isn’t anyone watching them!
Should I Follow Back on TikTok?
There is no need to follow back people who unfollowed you. What should be done if someone unfollows you on TikTok?
If someone follows you, watches your videos, and then unfollows you without leaving any comments or likes, it’s quite possible that they are not interested in what you have to say.
If this happens once, there may be a technical issue with their account but if it becomes a pattern for this person, it’s better to cut off all ties with them. It may sound harsh but keeping your feed full of content that the other person isn’t interested in doesn’t help anyone.
It makes sense that both parties don’t want to lose one another as followers which means if someone is toying with the idea, don’t let it bother you too much. As long as they continue to watch your videos and enjoy them, that’s all that matters.
You should unfollow people who have stopped following you back. It’s also worth doing this if you are getting followed by a lot of fake accounts or bots which may be an issue in itself.
If there are users on TikTok who aren’t following you back or have stopped following you, there are a few ways to identify these users without unfollowing everyone who isn’t following you back.
The best way would be to open their profile to see if they post anything or not before making up your mind completely. If they only follow you and don’t post anything, it’s better not to unfollow them. There are chances they may be exploring new accounts or just temporarily stopped creating videos.